After your Automatr sign-up at Volacci is complete, you will be sent your Drupal module. The installation is standard for modules, but instructions are below:
- Make a full backup of your Drupal website, including the database.
- Log in your Drupal site with your Administrator username and password. If your user does not have admin privileges, you will be unable to complete the module install.
- Unpack the module on your local machine. If necessary, rename the folder "Automatr".
- Unpack the library on your local machine. If necessary, rename the folder "marketing_automation".
- Upload the unpacked library to
- Upload the unpacked module and its subfolders to
/contrib, if that exists).
- In your site's Drupal admin, click Modules from the admin menu.
- Select Enabled for all of the Volacci Automatr modules. They are in the Marketing section of the Modules list. Save configuration.
- Select Configuration from admin menu and scroll down to the Marketing section; click Volacci Automatr. This displays the Automatr Interface.
- If you are not already on the Setup tab in the Automatr interface, click it now.
- Click Show Automatr™ implementation code. This will expand that field so you can enter your implementation code.
- Obtaining your Automatr™ implementation code
- In new browser tab, go to the Automatr online interface and log in.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the navigation menu, roll over your account name and a drop-down menu will display.
- Click on My Account, which will take you to the My Account page.
- Copy the code under the YOUR IMPLEMENTATION CODE section.
- Return to the Automatr Setup tab in your Drupal admin page and paste the code into the Automatr™ implementation code box. Click Save configuration.
Automatr is automatically added to all site pages except the administration pages. In most cases, this is ideal; however, if you want to limit it further, go to the Setup tab under the Implementation scope section. On the Pages side tab, you can add page paths to this excluded list and save your changes.
Automatr captures data for all users -- logged in or not -- who browse the site. In most cases, this is ideal. To restrict Automatr to certain user roles, go to the Setup tab under the Implementation scope section. On the Roles side tab, select the appropriate roles and save your changes.
Once complete, you will want to test your installation.
- In a new browser tab, go to the Automatr online interface and log in.
- Click on Reporting >> Realtime Insight >> Website Visitors. This displays all visitors to your page as they get to your site, in real time.
- In a separate window, open your website, and begin navigating your site as any visitor would.
- Return to the Automatr portal interface to view the information. If you are still logged into your website as the administrator, you should see your username show up in the list with the appropriate name and information.